Tuesday, June 7, 2011

unfounded accusation

An accusation even if it's unfounded always leave a mark to a person. We have to be careful at all times on what we want to say or do.

Its' been a long while since I wrote my last blog. We've been quite busy, running errands here and there. And I am thinking of something to blog about, until recently my friend shared a picture she entered in a contest. In order to win, you should share it and gather votes, which my friend did! She shared it to a website where friends, friends of friends, friends and relatives..etc. should "like" the page first before they can cast their vote for her entry.  I visited the page and click the "like" button so I can vote, unfortunately the contest has expired. All I can do is look at her entry and several people's entry. She made it on top of the list after the 1 1/2 day of working in it without sleep, exerted all the effort just to win the said photo contest. Sad to say that in that contest somebody had ruin her effort to win. Somebody who is not sport enough to accept that they got lost and beaten big time, and I mean big time! He posted someting about cheating and faked accounts on the page's discussion board, referring to my friend. He requested that her profile, voter's account be checked because it is impossible to gather a lot of votes in just 1 1/2 day (he had to, I guess bec he only have 9 votes compared to my friend's 189 votes). And so the discussion went on and on like a circus, exchanging ideas and words. FYI, the voters can also read evertyhing that's in the discussion board. My friend's mom read about the accusation of this "guy", and as a mom she did her job, and that is to protect and defend her daughter regarding the matter. As goofy as this guy is, he accused the mom of having a faked account too, that this person is the same person who casted 185 votes (which means 185 accounts is solely my friends'..but that is accdg to him), and that he cannot believe a 70 yr old woman is active on that site and can speak perfect English. And now he is being a racist!!! grrgrgrgrgrg...I can't stand what he said and so I made a comment and gave my own opinion. I have to discuss outside the topic since he brought it up. I am a Filipino myself. I may not speak perfect English but most Filipinos can, just like other nationals out there. English is our second language, heck...even toddlers can speak English there, too! So, there is no question about how well our elderly can speak perfect or not perfect English. After my comment, he now accused me of being one of the faked accounts of my friend, and asked me why am I so engaged in the discussion board.

I replied "I am just giving my own opinion about what you have said on speaking in English" then he brought out again and again about cheating, beginning to sound like a cry baby. I told him that he should apologize to those people he accused of cheating if proven wrong.

The discussion went on and on, the guy even sent a personal message to my friend, that she should tell the truth about faked accounts and such and such. And that he found out in 5 seconds about the faked accounts bec of a certain friend involved in the contest, and have asked the Contest Team to check on it, verify everything. As you know, the country origin of the Contest and the "bawl baby guy" country is the same, so they have to stick to their own, right? well, it sometimes happen anywhere! Anyway, after the exchange of discussion, the Contest team said they have decided to disqualify my friend's entry bec. the people who voted for her were outside her network (what a bologna!!!) , some accounts were checked and didn't find anything wrong, some accounts hasn't replied wether they are real or not. See, at first they said, share and gather votes, and so, that's what she did, and that's what her relatives and friends did..and they call it outside her network? I am so disgusted and disappointed. The guy didn't even bother to apologize after everything.

That was it...that's all there is, no winner, no apology, all that's left were hurt feelings and the mark of unfounded accusation.

All my life, I was told and shared the same thing..If you're going to say something, think about it first, see if it's gonna hurt somebody, find a nice way of saying it or better yet, if you are not going to say any kind word, just keep it to yourself and shut up!

Physical pain heals anytime, but emotional pain will always be there...oh it will heal, but in due time.

No comments:

Post a Comment