Thursday, February 24, 2011

Double Chocolate Cookies



All I can say is...WOW!!! I'm so proud of myself! For the first time I was able to bake cookies!!! yeheeyyyy.....other's may find this crazy but for me this is one of my accomplishment...I have been making, looking, trying and baking cookies for a long time..well not too long because I am always frustrated with the outcome..and finally, I baked one recipe that I am so proud of(",)

Yield: 2 dozen

11.5 oz Bittersweet chocolate chips or bar
6 tbsp butter
3 eggs (room temp)
1/3 c all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
12 oz Semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 c chopped walnuts (you can use your all time favorite nuts)

Melt the bittersweet chocolate chips and butter in a double broiler. I used a small pan over the big pan w/ boiling water. Set aside.
In a bowl, combine eggs and sugar. Mix until thick. Add in the melted chocolate. Scrape the bowl until combined. Mix in flour and baking powder. Add the semi-sweet chocolate chips and nuts. Mix until a thick dough forms.

NOTE: If you have a mixer bowl, you can mix the eggs and sugar using the flat beater, using speed 4-mix it for 5 mins. then add the rest of the ingredients except the ice cream(",)

Divide the dough in two logs by placing it on the plastic wrap. Roll like a log. Wrap tightly. Refrigerate until you are ready to use it. You can also freeze one of the dough logs if you are not going to use both. 

READY TO BAKE(",)
Preheat oven to 375F. Unwrap dough and cut into 3/4 inch. Place the dough slices 1" apart. Bake for 14 mins. Let cool on the counter.

Cooks' tip: You can make a cookie sandwich w/ this recipe, too! Scoop ice cream on 1 of the cookies and place the other cookie on top of it(",)

No comments:

Post a Comment