Friday, February 25, 2011

Heaven's Grocery Store

I was walking down life's highway a long time ago.
I saw a sign that read "Heaven's Grocery Store"
As I got a little closer, the door came open wide
And when I came to myself, I was standing inside
I saw a host of angels; they were standing everywhere
One handed me a basket and said, "My child, stock with care"
Everything that a Christian needs was in that store;
And if there was some that you could not carry, you could come back the next day for more


First I got some patience; love was in the same row
Further down was understanding. You need that everywhere you go
I got a box or two of wisdom, a bag or two of faith
I just couldn't miss the Holy Ghost, for it was all over the place
I stopped to get some strength and courage, to help me run this race
By then my basket was getting full
But then I remembered I needed some grace
I didn't forget salvation, for salvation, that was free
So I tried to get enough to save both you and me
Then I started up to the counter to pay for my grocery bill
For I thought I had everything to do my Master's will
As I went up the aisle I saw prayer and I just had to put that in
For I knew when I stepped outside, I would run right into sin
Peace and joy were plentiful, they were on the last shelf
Song and praise were hanging near, so I just helped myself
Then I said to the angel, "Now how much do I owe?"
He just smiled and said, "Just take them wherever you go"
Again, I smiled at him and said, "How much now, do I really owe?"
He smiled and said, "My child, Jesus paid your bill a long time ago"

No comments:

Post a Comment